Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Blue Devil guard commits to Charlotte


Shawn Lester, a 6-foot-3 shooting guard from Mooresville High, has committed to Charlotte. Lester chose the 49ers over Clemson and South Carolina.

Lester, a senior, averaged 18.5 points, five assists and five steals for the Blue Devils (19-11 last year), who lost to Western 4A regional qualifier Olympic in the first round of the playoffs.

"I thought that was right for me," Lester said. "It'll help me get my degree and help me be a better player and I hope to help them win."

Lester said the Charlotte staff told him he'd play shooting guard.

"I'm comfortable with the shooting guard position," he said. "I'm glad I can get this (college choice) done early and focus on my academics and focus on getting ready for my senior season."

- Langston Wertz Jr.

0 comments: