Thursday, May 19, 2011

I-Meck honors top boys' tennis players

The I-Meck 4A Conference announced its 2011 boys' tennis awards today.

Hough freshman Ryan Wydra claimed I-Meck boys' tennis Player of the Year honors after the Huskies No. 1 player went undefeated in conference play and won the I-Meck tournament singles title.

Hopewell coach Craig Smith, who's led his Titans to the state quarterfinals, was named conference coach of the year.

Here is the I-Meck all-conference team:
  • Brian Andersen (Hopewell)
  • John Armato (Hopewell)
  • John David Curlis (Hopewell)
  • Tyler Roberts (Hopewell)
  • Matt Crisp (Lake Norman)
  • Hamitt Coody (Lake Norman)
  • Shravan Rajan (Lake Norman)
  • Collin Black (Hough)
  • Jake Combs (Mooresville)
  • Michael Telford (Mooresville)
  • Garrett Mrzlak (North Mecklenburg)
  • Marquis Duncan (Vance)

0 comments: